One of the first steps a potential student faces is: âWhere can I find the institution / tutor / school etc? And the Internet is the first place they turn to for the answer to that question. The second question they would probably ask is, “How do you choose between all the variety of services and businesses that exist in the market?” An online educational marketplace can help your potential users answer these questions.
The main idea of ââthe middle market is:
- You are a teacher and you are looking for students to teach
- Students are looking for a tutor to help them pass the exams, improve their knowledge, learn new things.
The market is a platform where these roles meet. Tutors have the option to create their own profiles, and students can search for the tutor they need based on an advanced custom search, read other students’ comments on that teacher, and see their experience. Based on this, students can chat with the teacher and hire them for the job.
The second step would be the possibility of providing the online service, such as online streaming where two people can call and talk to each other. The ability to give homework online, track the hours for each session, and open additional material are also great features that would provide an end-to-end educational process within a single platform.
And the third step is the application of the control system where the platform takes care of payments, tracks the presence of users and manages any conflicts between the two roles.
Which part of the system to focus on is up to you. Nowadays modern Development of payment systems can give you all the opportunities you need, and if you have a sufficient budget, you can go for all three. Location plays an important role, as online education markets can be good for one country and may be unacceptable for others. It is also important to understand the payment options that your system should support. While hourly wages are a general approach, some tutors also suggest payment per course and per student.
The idea of ââthe market is not necessarily targeted for teachers and students. These can be institutions or universities and students / professors. It can also be authors and libraries / journals, writers and media courses, all of which involves two roles that must be brought together.
The general list of features that the marketplace should have:
- User profiles with the summary of all experiences, services, portfolio.
- Possibility of posting a request on the marketplace. For example, “I am looking for a tutor to provide daily English instruction”
- Search by job requests and profiles
- Ability to apply to job applications or invite teachers to job applications
- Private chats where roles can talk before starting the educational course
- Open jobs, this is where users can engage each other with agreed and defined terms
- Complete work once the service is provided and automatic billing of the service with online payments
- Feedback forms should be available on completed jobs and should not be visible to each other until they leave their comments. Feedback should be available on public user profiles
- The reporting functionality should allow users to report offensive or abusive content.
- Social sharing would help you in the marketing and dissemination of your application
Technology: the best way would be to develop
- WEB educational market
- Android educational application
- IOS educational application
While we recommend starting with the web first, mobile is a nice addition to have here. Most students try to discipline themselves to learn behind their desks. However, since the cell phone is the thing you always carry with you, it is an additional way for you to keep your students and tutors involved and spend more time on your rig.