SAN FRANCISCO – (BUSINESS WIRE) – August 9, 2021–
Black hat, the producer of the cybersecurity industry’s most established and in-depth security events, wraps up a successful hybrid event for Black Hat USA 2021. The event hosted over 6,200 in-person attendees at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, while more than 14,600 participants logged into the virtual platform. Security professionals from 140 countries joined the hybrid event, to experience the strong suite of groundbreaking content led by security experts who showcased the latest and greatest research currently impacting the industry, including 90 deeply technical briefings.
This press release features multimedia. See the full version here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210809005548/en/
Black Hat USA 2021 (Photo: Business Wire)
Highlights of the show for 2021 include:
- Presentations : The three Keynotes this year included Matt Tait, COO of Corellium; Alejandro N. Mayorkas, Secretary for Internal Security; and Jen Easterly, director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA). All of the Keynotes featured in-depth discussions on the current state of the cybersecurity landscape via the virtual platform and were broadcast to a full audience in Las Vegas.
- RSSI Summit: The CISO Summit virtually hosted over 300 leaders from leading public and private organizations for an exclusive program designed to give CISOs and other information security managers a more practical overview of the latest security trends and technologies and best business practices.
- Omdia Analyst Summit: New this year, Omdia’s Analyst Summit gave over 400 virtual attendees an exclusive look at analysts’ analyzes on the security impacts of the evolving cybersecurity landscape and the functions organizations can do. to minimize these risks.
- Business room: This year’s Hybrid Business Hall hosted leading companies in the industry to showcase their latest innovations to attendees and presented nearly 120 sponsored sessions. The Business Hall also featured targeted areas for participant, supplier and community engagement through the Innovation City, Arsenal, Career Zone and various networking opportunities.
- Scholarships: Black Hat has awarded over 100 college scholarships to deserving students around the world. Black Hat has awarded numerous scholarships to various causes such as Women in Security and Privacy (WISP), Executive Women’s Forum and Women’s Society of Cyberjutsu (WSC) to minimize the gender gap within the security community of the information and give students the opportunity to learn, network and collaborate with the brightest minds in the world. Speakers at the event also received two free information passes per conference to give to students of their choice. In total, Black Hat awarded 274 scholarships this year.
The main partners and sponsors of Black Hat 2021 include:
Titanium Sponsors: CrowdStrike, Cybereason Inc., Palo Alto Networks, Qualys, SentinelOne, KnowBe4, VMware; Diamond Sponsors: Accenture, Acronis, AT&T Cybersecurity, Cisco, CyberArk Software, Darktrace, F5, Inc., Intel, Optiv Security, Proofpoint, Inc., Rapid7, SecurityScorecard, Synopsys, Tenable, ThreatLocker, Trend Micro, Verizon; Support partners: Qualys, ExtraHop Networks, KnowBe4; Global Partners: Auth0, Chronicle, DomainTools, KnowBe4, Orca Security and Snyk Ltd.
About Black Hat
For more than 20 years, Black Hat has provided attendees with the latest research, developments and trends in information security. These high profile global events and trainings are driven by the needs of the security community, striving to bring together the best minds in the industry. Black Hat inspires professionals at all career levels, encouraging growth and collaboration between universities, world-class researchers, and leaders in the public and private sectors. Black Hat information sessions and training are held annually in the United States, Europe and Asia. More information is available at: blackhat.com. Black Hat is brought to you by Informa Tech.
Informa Tech is a leading provider of integrated research, media, training and events to the global tech community. We are an international company of more than 600 colleagues, operating in more than 20 markets. Our goal is to inspire the tech community to design, build and manage a better digital world through research, media, training and event brands that inform, educate and connect. Over 7,000 professionals sign up for our research, with 225,000 delegates attending our events and over 18,000 students participating in our training programs each year, and nearly 4 million people visiting our digital communities each month. For more information, please visit www.informatech.com.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210809005548/en/
Jenna Greene, Informa Tech
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA CALIFORNIA NEVADA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: MOBILE / WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY SOFTWARE SECURITY INTERNET NETWORKS TRAINING DATA MANAGEMENT EDUCATION
SOURCE: black hat
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 08/09/2021 11:19 / DISC: 08/09/2021 11:19
Copyright Business Wire 2021.